Terms and Conditions of Use for this site
Last updated 1st October 2014
All prices are correct as they appear on the website and include VAT at the current rate where applicable. VAT is charged on goods and postal charges where applicable by law within the EU and is included in our prices. A VAT breakdown is shown on your invoice. We may change prices from time to time or have offers available for a limited time.
We accept payments in GBP sterling, Euros, US dollars or Aussie dollars.
We aim to keep all products displayed on the site available at all times, and to make it clear if there are likely to be delays. In the unlikely event we are out of stock of an item after you have placed your order we will let you know and advise when we can delivery can be made. You can ask for a refund.
We make every effort to show and describe our products as accurately as possible, however, slight variations may occur and the following should be noted.
- All quoted weights, dimensions and capacities are for guidance only.
- Colours of items viewed on a computer monitor can vary from the actual product depending on the calibration and colour settings of individual computer screens.
- Packaging may vary from that shown (where applicable).
How our Website and Order Processing Works
Anyone can browse our site and select items to 'Add To Basket'. You do not have to open an account or register, you are welcome to make purchases as a guest, however, each time you return and make a purchase you will have to re-enter your details.
During the time you browse our site, your shopping 'Basket' will show any items as you select them. You can add and remove items from your basket and change quantities at any time.
When you select 'Checkout' you will be asked for your Billing and if different, Shipping address details. You must provide the registered billing address for the card you use (i.e. the same address to which your credit or debit card statements are sent). If the details do not match your order may be rejected.
The Shopping Basket and Checkout
The basket forms part of the site. Once you click the 'Checkout' button you enter a secure environment to enter your details and complete the payment process with Sage Pay or PayPal. If you are a registered with us, your details will be automatically entered from the information you have provided.
Once you have completed the Checkout, agreed to our terms and clicked 'Submit and Continue' your card payment will be processed by Sage Pay. They process your card, make security checks to protect against fraudulent use and authorise your card for payment. We accept orders using 3-D Secure and you will be asked for additional security before your payment is accepted. This helps protect you and us from fraudulent card use.
We do not have sight of your card details, or access to them at any time during the order process. No card details are stored by us.
We always endeavour to despatch orders as quickly as possible and ship two or three times a week. This means an order placed on Friday afternoon will be despatched on Monday or possibly Tuesday the following week.
Whilst some people may receive their order the following day, to be safe, you should allow a week from placing an order to receipt of your items. Orders are sent by Royal Mail 24, with an option for recorded delivery, or by ParcelForce via Despatch Bay (in the UK), depending on size and weight. Delivery charges are calculated by weight.
If you wish to cancel an order before it has been despatched, please contact us by phone, email or via the 'Contact us' form. If your order has already been despatched you will need to follow our returns procedure.
Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you have the legal right to cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive your goods (with the exception of any made to order items). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.
If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract then you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already shipped the goods for delivery, you should not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
- You must return the goods in perfect, saleable condition, in the original packing where applicable.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, and we have either received the goods back or, if earlier, received evidence that you have sent the goods back, we will refund any sum debited by us from your credit or debit card within 14 calendar days.
- We may make a deduction from your refund for any loss in the value of the goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (for example using or wearing the goods prior to cancellation).
- Refunds will only be made to the same card used to make the purchase.
- Refunds will only cover the price charged for the goods. Delivery charges are not refundable, unless the order has not been despatched.
- When returning goods we suggest you get proof of posting, which is free from any UK post office.
- Exchanges. Should you wish to exchange a product you must first return it to us in saleable condition, as for a return. Unless to replace a damaged product, you must send the goods back to us at our contact address below at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
Please send returns to:
The Children's Project Ltd
PO Box 1200
- We respect and protect your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and comply with the act in all our dealings with your personal data.
- We do not share any personal information - or our mailing list - with third parties.
- You have the option whether or not to store your address details with us.
- If you make a purchase with us, we hold the details you provide, which includes the billing and shipping address(es) for your order(s). We also keep a record of your purchase history.
- The information we hold about you is used solely to enable us to provide the service you expect when we process your order(s). It further enables us to offer you a high level of customer support.
- If at any time you want us to remove you from our system, all you need to do is contact us via the website. We will email you to confirm your request and on receipt of your reply, we will remove your details.
Alternatively you may phone us on 08450 94 54 94 or outside UK +44 1483 592 503.
How We Use email
- We do not share any information with third parties.
- You have to opt to receive our mailings in your account. We then send an email which you have to respond to before being added to our mailing list. Occasional emails will inform you of new products, special offers, or events taking place.
- If you want you can unsubscribe at any time by selecting 'unsubscribe' at the foot of our email.
- We send confirmation emails when you place an order.
All rights reserved. All material - visual and written - that appears on socialbaby.com is owned by or licensed to The Children's Project Ltd. The use of any part of this website or its contents, other than for personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without prior permission of The Children's Project Ltd. The exception to this is in our shop where some copy and pictures may have been provided by the manufacturer.
Legal Identity: Who We Are
SocialBaby and socialbaby.com are trading names of The Children's Project Limited, registered in England no. 3369155.
Registered office: PO Box 1200, Guildford GU1 9RA, United Kingdom.
VAT No. GB 752 2867 17.
We will supply the goods to you as per your order, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and English law. This website, its content and any orders placed via the site are governed by and in accordance with English law. All communication is in English and by you placing an order and our accepting it both parties agree to submit to the sole jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.